Monday, September 20, 2010

Web Conference: September 19th

The web conference I attended yesterday was helpful in clarifying our next steps for producing our group's Public Service Announcement. The question that kept coming up during the hours was centered on having to have at least two narrators in our PSA. I did not attend the last web conference on Friday evening; however I read through the script and was surprised when I learned that we were to have more than one narrator. I had already produced the narration for our video. I immediately emailed our group and informed them of this new insight. We met at our scheduled Skype conference and came up with a solution. Melba would record the same script making sure each statement was on a separate track and Lawrence, our editor, would use his best judgment and decide who would do the opening and closing and who would do the mid part of the narration. Sounded like a great solution. Throughout the rest of the conference I learned that we also needed credits, those involved in making of the PSA, and APA formatted references all at the end of the video. This could pose to be a problem with our 60 second time limit. I made the comment that I have seen movie credits roll by so fast that it was a blur. As long as they were on there that is what matters. I liked Sherrie’s comment “piece of cake... i can roll citations as fast as anyone”.

No comments:

Post a Comment